Monday, June 30, 2014

Happiness in God's Plan for His Family

Sister DeMille with Amanda, Charlie and daughter

Full Circle of joy as Sister DeMille visits the Visitors' Center

     Sister DeMille shared an experience she had in the Mesa Temple Visitors' Center while on her mission.
   
    " One evening in the Visitors' Center I noticed a couple as they finished watching 'Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration.'  As they looked at the exhibits, the young man introduced himself as Charlie and asked if we could get a Book of Mormon for his date. He introduced us to Amanda, and asked if we would mark some scriptures that we really liked while they went through 'God's Plan for His Family'.  While they were in the exhibit, Sister Smith and I highlighted our favorite scriptures.  At the end of the presentation, I bore my testimony of how families can live together forever because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I told them  that everyone can know if the gospel is true if they read the Book of Mormon, and ask Heavenly Father if it is true with a sincere heart.  I remember Amanda's face and knew that she felt the Spirit confirm to her that this message was true.
     Six weeks later, I was told that there was someone at the Center to see me.  Amanda surprised me by telling me that she had been baptized after receiving the missionary lessons.  A few months later, I learned that she and Charlie were planning on getting married, and being sealed in the Mesa Arizona Temple.
     When I returned to the Visitors' Center for a visit following my mission, I was able to meet Charlie and Amanda and their little girl. This wonderful story shows that happiness exists and its because this is the Plan of Happiness that God has set for each one of His children."

No comments:

Post a Comment